animation – cinema – design

I made a cardboard sketch and hid it out in the world.  Haven’t done that in a while and I’m thinking about doing a bunch of them this week and hiding them out on the town for Fall Arts next week.

The last week has come and gone in a relative blur.  This is good news I think, but am unwilling to really weigh in on yet.

The new Ausgang City comic is swinging right along, and I’m starting on images for the second issue.  This pleases me.  I managed to get the drawings done, now it’s a quick inking and the issue is ready (crosses fingers)

The boardgame (fairies and dragons?  Princesses and Fairies?  Lands and Fairies? Princess Fields?) is pretty swell.  I’m running into an issue creating hundreds of interior polygons while making a boolean with the 3d character models but I think i’ve figured out that I’m going to solve it by importing my .obj into sketchup and creating the boolean in there.

Writing on “Young Necromancer” continues and as an exercise it’s working out, but as a writing practice I’m really dropping the ball. I think I only wrote three days in the last week.  Next week i’m supposed to start adding Editing Time into the process and migrate over from paper to computer.  I’m pretty nervous about that.

Getting the most from my six hours of production time every day is harder than I thought it would be. Turns out that most of my time is spent on things other people want my help on, and that’s fine, I just need to start flexing my “F-You” muscles and put myself first, at least till a couple of things are done.

Didn’t get anything done on the Mattress project at all this week and it’s starting to growl from it’s corner in the studio.



Something is wrong.
Instagram token error.